Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cake Pops

CAKE POPS!

This last summer Michael's offered their cake classes at 1/2 off! I was excited! Myfriend moved around the corner from me and we were ready to make cakes! Well during my very last cake class I asked my teacher what she did with the left over cake (I usually ate it, heheh). She said she made cake pops with them! Immediately I looked it up on the internet. They looked easy enough to make but I wasn't sold.

This Christmas my bf's sister in law had a cake pop book! I had to read it! As I was looking through the gorgeous pictures filled with creativity, I realized, this isn't hard to do! I had to try it! So here we go, these are my cake pops! (The book is by Bakerella)

Step 1: bake the cake! (These are red velvet)
Step 2: cool the cake in the fridge

Step3: crumble the cake into pieces (fun part!!!)


Step 4: add about 2/3 of the container of frosting to the crumbled cake, mix well (I used cream cheese frosting)

Step 5: roll cake into little cake balls. I used the martha cookie scoop to make them even in size. (Red velvet makes your hands red! I was caught red handed!)

Step 6: refrigerate for an hour.

Step 7: melt your chocolate. The Wilton chocolate melted worked the best for me!

Step 8: dip the lolipop stick into the chocolate and insert into cake ball

Step 9: dip cake ball into chocolate
(make sure that you have everything ready when you melt your chocolate. the chocolate cools quickly and once it's cool the only way to add decor is with a piping bag and some more melted chocolate.)

Step 10 decorate

Step 11: let cool (have your styrofoam board ready to go!)

Step 12: package or EAT! (They fit nicely into cupcake boxes alternating right side up and upside down).

So have some fun and cover it in chocolate and don't forget to Create like Crazy!

3 comments:

  1. You've made me a superfan of this!!! This is super easy and tasty and good for people who have 'small time blocks' of cooking/crafting time :)! I can do each step in between kiddos naps, breast feeding, etc.!!! Thanks for making me a Cake Popper, Sis. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours are awesome! glad we are always into similar things! so much fun to share ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing, and they are surprisingly light! A guilt-free treat. THanks for posting the directions!

    ReplyDelete