Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tissue paper pom poms

TISSUE PAPER POM POMS

I have seen these tissue paper pom poms all over! In weddings, at parties, and every time I see them, I always think they're gorgeous! I have been wanting to try to make them since in all the youtube videos people make them look so easy! I love easy to do projects that look great and make people smile. So I tried it! If you like them, try it! This was a fun project and took very little time!
I started with 12 pieces of tissue paper. I have see online that some people use 10 sheets and some people u
se more than 12. I think 12 was the perfect amount for my pom pom ball. I stacked all 12 pieces on top of each other and made sure that they lined up nicely.

Then starting from the short end, with the longer edge on the side, i started folding the tissue paper back and forth, back and forth until i got to the other end. the folds were about 1 1/2 inches.



Find the center of the tissue paper and tie a string around it to hold the folds in place. If you make this string long enough you can use it to later hang the ball from the ceiling. :)




Once all of the folds were done and the ribbon has been tied, I used a huge scissor and cut the ends. Now I've seen some people cut rounded edges, some cut pointed edges, it all depends on what you like. I wanted the spikey look, so I cut them pointed.

Now is the fun part! Pull the tissue
paper in toward the center. Since we folded the paper back and forth before we tied it, the paper will have a ruffled effect! Pull the tissue paper gently because tissue paper is very thin and tears easily (trust me, I tore one! Oops!)
Since I used 12 sheets, i pulled 6 towards the top and 6 to the bottom.

After you pull all of your tissue, it's time to FLUFF the ball! You do this as if you were trying to spike your hair! Just use your hands and gently fluff. Make sure there are no holes or huge gaps.You did it! Now go and Create like Crazy!

1 comment: