Friday, February 18, 2011

Bella's birthday!

   My friend at work had a baby about 1 year ago on Thursday. She is part of my work unit so I got to be involved in throwing the shower. Bella was turning 1 and we thought it would be fun to have a little birthday party for her at work since I will not be able to attend her birthday party outside of work.   I decided it was time to dust off the cupcake tower!  I bought it from Wilton and I love it!  it's compact when you break it down, you can theme it however you like and it holds 24 cupcakes with ease. You can use it for anything really, fruit, candy, etc but I love the look of cupcakes on this tower. 
  I had made a birthday sign for her Saturday party so with those colors in mind, her cupcake toppers were pink, green and had the number 1 on them. I covered the tower with patterned heart pink and red paper.  For the toppers, I used my SU! scallop punch to make the pink flower, my Cricut & Gypsy to make the #1 and a circle punch for the white background.  I taped them to a toothpick and in no time at all, they were done! 
  Birthday parties are a great inspriation so go out there and create like crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment