Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's here!

       My Yudu machine arrived today!  It was very nicely packaged in a HUGE box!  This Yudu is a lot larger than I remembered when I saw it for the first time in Michaels. The package came with the Yudu machine, one bottle of black ink, one emulsion sheet, one platform for the shirt, one screen, one squeegee, a started cd/dvd and instruction manual. I was a little disappointed that there are so many other things to buy before you can really do the projects you want. I need to purchase the emulsion remover so I can reuse my screen, I need to buy more emulsion sheets or liquid emulsion, and a lot more colors of paint! 
I bought my machine on ebay and it was advertised as New in box with extras.  As far as I can see, there are no extras.  Oh well! At least I received my machine. 
     After reading through the manual, watching tons of youtube clips, and researching online how to use the Yudu, I have found that this is not a quick process.  You have to attach your emulsion, burn your image and then finally make your shirt. I also have seen that it is a messy process as well!  paint, can get on everything.
     One thing I learned while searching online for Yudu related articles is that there is a Yudu machine for card makers!  I actually want to purchase this machine too! one step at a time though. :) 
     I promise to have some pix of the machine soon and to actually create a project . Till then, create like crazy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment