Monday, June 27, 2011

YourStory Rotary Cutter

I found the YourStory from ProvoCraft online on sale for 20 dollars!!! What a deal!!! I had to buy it! It actually came in a bundle with the laminating pouches, binders and this HUGE bonus!!!  As I was opening the package (Provo always does a nice job of packaging), I noticed this board on the bottom of the box. As I dug deeper, there it was!  A rotary cutter!!! I've been wanting one of these but just couldn't justify it since we have little room for more craft stuff and they can be so expensive! I will post about the YourStory once I use it.

Here it is, the Rotary cutter, 3 interchangeable blades! Beautiful design and numbers to mark where to cut! 

This is where the blade is housed.  If you lift the blue pieces up, you can easy take out the blade that's in there and replace it with any of the other 3 blades that came with it. 

Here's a close up of the three blades. One scores with dotted lines, one makes a nice wavy edge and the last is a straight cut just like the one that is in the cutter when you get it (I'm saving this one as a back up.) The cool thing about rotary cutters is that the blades roll down the paper to create the cut so you can have these excellent designs like waves or dotted lines!
You will also see there are numbers to help you know where to cut the paper!

Towards the bottom you have this beautiful design and also markers showing you where to cut a 5x7 or 4x6 photo. 

Here's the straight edge cut, very clean and easy to do!

Simply lift the piece with the cutter, insert the paper, close the cutter on top of the paper, and slice!

Make sure to press down on the cutter so that it cuts through the paper.


I cut this with the scoring blade. You can see the small dotted line.

This is the wavy edge blade. Nice and even, super easy and fast!

I'm so excited about this! I can see it saving me lots of time!
See ya soon!  It's time for me to Create like Crazy!

1 comment: